Last modified: March 20th, 2023
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
1. What is personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as for instance your contact information, your order data or your product data.
Data privacy is of high importance for TAKT and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
2. General principles for personal data processing by TAKT
We adhere to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- we will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- we will not use personal data for purposes other than those for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- we will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- we will do our best to ensure that information is up to date by encouraging you to verify your personal data periodically;
- we will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing; and
- except when stated herein, we will not store personal data longer than is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed, or as required by law.
3. Personal data we collect and process
When you engage with TAKT via various channels, including the Platform, we collect and process your personal data. The personal data that we collect and process can be categorized as follows:
1) Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided), phone number (if provided), IP address, in some cases geo location and language.
2) Your purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, company name (if provided), your delivery information, such as delivery address, if different from physical address, your order information, such as product name, quantity, product name, stock keeping unit no., date of purchase and your payment information, such as credit card or similar payment information and friend referral (if applicable).
3) Requests for customer support and technical assistance, containing your personal details, as specified above, product serial number, product warranty information, place of purchase and other relevant information, which TAKT may inquire in order to proceed with your request.
4) Information provided when completing surveys, questionnaires and feedback forms, such as your personal details, as specified above, your product warranty, place of purchase, your feedback on your use of TAKT product(s) and evaluation of the same, your location information.
6) Additionally, TAKT may process personal data actively transferred to TAKT by you.
4. Application and storage of collected personal data
The purpose of collecting and processing personal data is to:
1) Provide you with customized information on news, events, competitions and similar marketing content related to TAKT, its products and products made in collaboration with third parties. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
2) Handle your purchase orders, complete purchase transactions, ensure delivery of purchased product(s), handle possible returns. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
3) Make your future purchases easier by remembering your shipping details. Our processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TAKT and such processing is not considered to be harmful towards you.
4) Provide you with customer service, handle your requests or complaints and provide you with product warranty support. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
5) Ensure better customer experience by providing you with personal benefits, such as discounts or customized offers based on previous purchases and possible friend referrals. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
6) Collect your feedback regarding your use of TAKT products and services by inviting you to complete surveys, questionnaires or feedback forms. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
Accordingly, some of your personal data is collected and processed in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for instance, when you purchase our products, contact our customer support or claim warranty. Should you choose not to provide us with the requested and necessary personal data in this regard, we might not be able to fully satisfy your request.
5. Where we store and process your personal data
As a general principle, your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, your personal data may be transferred outside EEA between the entities within TAKT and certain types of third parties, as specified in section 6 within the purposes for which your personal data was collected.
In case of transfer of your personal data to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), valid law and regulations concerning such transfers are observed and relevant legal and security safeguards are ensured before such transfer.
6. Our disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law, court order or a decision rendered by a competent public authority and for the purpose of law enforcement. In addition, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
Third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf, including billing, sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors may be given access to your personal data in regard to their main services but are prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes.
When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (1) recognize your computer; (2) store your preferences and settings; (3) understand the web pages of TAKT you have visited; (4), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (5) perform searches and analytics; and (6) assist with security and administrative functions.
Pixels are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and e-mail open rates; (2) measure popularity of the advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings on our websites or apps. For example, to complete a purchase on our websites, you will need to accept cookies sent by our sites. For more information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
8. Responsible for processing
TAKT A/S, Store Kongensgade 110E, DK1264 Copenhagen, Denmark is data controller and is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
9. Access to your personal data and data portability and deleting/updating your personal data
If so requested at any time TAKT must inform you which data is processed, how and from where it was collected and how it is being used. You also have the right to be informed as to how long your personal data will be stored and who has access to your data in case of data transmission.
You have the right to access and receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to TAKT. You may contact TAKT to review, update or delete personal data stored about you. For relevant contact details please see section 16 below. Please note that prior to accessing and making changes to your account, we will need to verify your identity properly.
Following deletion your personal data will be deleted from servers of TAKT without undue delay, while it might take a period of two (2) months to ensure complete deletion of any information that might be stored in our back-up.
10. Right to withdraw your consent
Some of TAKT’s processing activities may be based on your consent. In such case, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
If you withdraw your consent, TAKT and third parties involved in personal data processing will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent the continued processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that as a consequence of your withdrawal of your consent, TAKT may not be able to meet your requests or provide you with our services.
11. Right to restriction of processing and right to object
You have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data, if the personal data is not correct, if the processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure of your personal data, if TAKT no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of processing, but storing such data is requested by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to processing and verification, whether TAKT still has legitimate interest in the given personal data is pending. Please see section 16 for relevant contact details.
At any time you have the right to object to processing of your personal data collected and processed for purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TAKT, for instance, when we make your future purchases easier by remembering your shipping details, or when we conduct analytics and statistics on your use type, date and frequency of TAKT products. Please see section 16 for relevant contact details.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can do so by unsubscribing from our marketing information by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the bottom of marketing communication from TAKT, or by contacting TAKT directly.
12. Right to complain
If you want to complain about a privacy breach, please contact TAKT sending your complain to TAKT A/S, Store Kongensgade 110E, DK-1264 Copenhagen, Denmark or by sending an email to email@example.com.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days. We will do our best to resolve it as quickly as possible and within one (1) month from the date of complaint. In case response would require longer term than one (1) month, we will notify you and inform you of the relevant reason(s).
Danish Data Protection Act
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
13. Third-party websites, plug-ins and services
Websites and services of TAKT may contain links to third party websites, plug-ins, for instance social media login plug-in, or services, for instance analytics tool functionality provided by Google or other vendors.
14. Data security
TAKT is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use necessary organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal data under control of TAKT, such as control of access, transmission, input and availability and the separation of data.
Access to a number of online services at TAKT are protected by access restrictions based on user name and password. It is important that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others and protect your password against disclosure.
Your personal details and your credit card details are encrypted, if you have provided such to TAKT. The data remains with our third party vendor Bambora, and will not be stored for longer than it takes to process the data. All external transmissions of personal data facilitated by TAKT are protected by encryption.
All data storage and processing at computer facilities of TAKT as well as at business partner facilities are subject to written contracts.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with TAKT is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with TAKT has been compromised), please notify us of the problem immediately. Please see section 16 for relevant contact details.
16. Contact details
Store Kongensgade 110E
or by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our privacy notice for:
Our Terms & Conditions for online purchase
User generated content – #taktcph